Enter your post title here...

by Dan Jacoby on November 16th, 2009

There were a lot of us and now we are scattered to many places. If you visit here please introduce yourself and send us any information you have on family. We have a lot of pictures and old family trees that we will be putting up. There is an arrow below with the word more next to it, click on it to make a comment.

Posted in Whatever, Smiths, Jacoby, Robinson, Reddington, kulenkamp, jacobi, Redington    Tagged with no tags

25 Comments

Dan Jacoby - November 17th, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Just started the second page of this. It takes me a long time to get stuff in, I am still a rookie at this.
Dan Jacoby - December 20th, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Thank you Becki for the Jacoby Family information about Nochern, Hessen, Nassau, Prussia
Debbie Reid Loges - March 5th, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Really great pictures and history! Thank you for putting this together...looking forward to the 4th of July pictures :)
dan jacoby - November 2nd, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Robert F. Smith - March 14th, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Nice to see you today up north of the farm. Say hi to your mom and find some more pictures.
Dan Jacoby - May 12th, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Catch the party announcement on the our family page for the 4th of July...you all come now..here!
Karen Jacoby Sinunu - July 27th, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Would love to talk with the facilitor of this page. I'm a great grand daughter of Casper and Anna, daughter of Casper III. Also, 2nd cousin to Becki Verser. Dad and I have had fun looking at your pages. Karen Jacoby Sinunu
Dan Jacoby - July 27th, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Karen you can reach me at djacoby105@aol.com or my cell 708 927 2198 or at home 708 946 6950
Dan Jacoby - January 14th, 2012 at 3:45 PM
please send us a contact # or email
dan jacoby - November 2nd, 2017 at 7:59 AM
708 9272198 please call
Wendy - August 13th, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Hi Dan, nice site. I'm researching my Brother-in-law's ancestry. He is descended from John Justin Hagaman's brother, Albert (1842-1908, who had one son only, three grandchildren only, two of whom, girls, I will need to visit Macoupin County to continue tracking). There's a Hagaman researcher on line with lots of good info at findagraves, and a researcher who has done a good job with Mary Severn's ancestors (or it looks like it--until I see the original documents myself).
dan jacoby - November 2nd, 2017 at 8:00 AM
Donna Maxwell Bailey - November 19th, 2010 at 7:39 PM
My husband, John Gregory Bailey is the son of Helen Pfaff Bailey and Homer Eugene Bailey. His line to the Jacobys is Helen Pfaff Bailey -- Dr Joseph Gregory Pfaff and Pauline Louise Hoevel -- Casper Pfaff and Maria Elizabeth Jacoby -- Heinrich Wilhelm Jacoby and Catharine Peiter
Dan Jacoby - November 21st, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Nice to hear from you, if we can help please don't hesitate to ask, maybe I can point you in the right direction
Dawnal Mahan - December 13th, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Dan, Thanks for giving me this site. It is really good to see the old pictures from times gone by. It was really special seeing all of you at Dad Funeral. Thank you for all of you support for Mom. She is a really strong woman, and if I get her to see this site I'm sure that she will have alot to add from her collection of pictures and info books. Dawnal Butcher-Mahan
Dan Jacoby - December 14th, 2010 at 9:49 AM
Your father touched a lot of lives.......I remember the long talks we used to have standing in a duck blind with nothing but a gentle breeze listening in on the conversation...those were wonderful times
Christine Drury - April 6th, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Hi there,
I'm looking for information on the Jacobys in Germany. My husband's grandfather was Walter William, who I believe was Casper's nephew. We are making a trip to Germany in a few weeks and we would like to visit some of the ancestral stomping grounds. Also, you have a picture that I would love to have a copy of and I can't seem to snag it from your website. Would you be able to email it to me? Sincerely, Christine Drury
dan jacoby - January 14th, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Christine please send us your email and I will send you a picture and mor info
Vickie - October 10th, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I'm not related but I came across the will of Philip Heinrich Wilhelm Jacoby( b: 12 Jan 1851 d: 23 Dec 1899) while doing research on my home in St. Louis,MO. I was hoping to get in contact with a family member that could tell me a bit more about him. My research indicates he might have been a methodist preacher. Thanks!
dan jacoby - January 14th, 2012 at 3:47 PM
We tried to get hold of you by email but were unsuccessful djacoby105@aol.com
Becki Verser Larson - October 10th, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Dan, were you ever able to make contact with VICKIE? Becki BJLatStL@aol.com
dan jacoby - November 2nd, 2017 at 8:02 AM
we sent email heard nothing
Nancy Begley Pennell - June 11th, 2017 at 4:32 PM
I am stunned to have found this information online. And so happy. I am the granddaughter of Mary Laffey Begley, daughter of Kate Redington and John Laffey. I have been putting together online photo albums and other information of my family, which includes the Begley family. Mary Laffey married John Begley, and they lived in Schenectady NY. I just posted a letter written by my uncle James Begley in one of the albums from around 1910 or so, when he visited the Redingtons, Bauers, Robinsons and Parkers around Christmas time, in Hagaman. And I just took a look at the Redington family tree, with all your names on it. So interesting. I would appreciate hearing back from you if possible. I live in Glenville NY. So, Hi to my relatives, Nancy Begley Pennell
Nancy Begley Pennell - June 11th, 2017 at 5:04 PM
I just wrote a little bit ago and thought you might be interested in the letter my uncle James Begley wrote to his family from Hagaman, Ill, when he was visiting at Christmas time about year 1910 He talks about visiting with a lot of folks there. Here it is. Kind regards, Nancy Begley Pennell.

"Friday the 13, (approximately 1910)

Say Ma, are you still dreaming about your loving Shamus (Irish for James)?

Dear Father, Mother and family.

Rec%u2019d my Christmas bundle and was certainly well pleased to think that I was remembered even by my kid brother %u201COwen%u201D

I suppose he is growing to be quite a big boy and I often wish I were back to take him on my knee and have him sing for me, Ask him if he remembers %u201CTootsin Van Doodsin%u201D (sic) Well, I spent the day in Hagaman (Illinois) and had a pretty good time, but I left in (?) of the many happy Xmas%u2019s spent at good old 910.

Stayed at Robinson%u2019s Xmas Eve and at Phillip Redington%u2019s on Sunday. Drove over to call on Parkers Monday. I had dinner with the Bauers and came back to (?) on the 4:20 train.

I did not receive my gifts until I arrived here, so that I was not able to give Mrs. Robinson her needlework.

Was expecting to go up over New Years, but too much visiting might wear out my welcome. Mamie ( or May Me as she spells it) presented me with a handsome muffler and I gave all of them a neat remembrance of my visit at no little expense.

Took up a suit coat containing twenty-one presents and even then I didn%u2019t have enough to give the children.

There are some cousins in that little town and I haven%u2019t seen them all yet.

Anna Redington lives about 8 miles from Hagaman and she has a big family. It was too cold for us to go over to see her and I will have to call some other time.

Well, I am still working, although things are very dull.

Hope that this finds you all in the best of health and happiness. Will write more next time. Your loving son and bro, Jim. Did mother go to Boston?"

Note: Redington, Bauer, Parker, Robinsons are all cousins of the Begley family on the mother%u2019s side. The Laffey side.

dan jacoby - November 2nd, 2017 at 8:03 AM